Roasted Fings Pt.1

Roasting fings, not fingers.
Just to clear that up.
Today I decided to jump on the bandwagon and roast some Chick Peas AND some Cauliflower.
I recently bought a bag of Super Spicy WARNING HOT!! Chick Peas and was really disappointed. They were not obscenely hot, they didn't really have much flavour at all.
There must be more to roasted Chick Peas than this.
I used to love Bombay Mix, you know, with the little roasted lentils and spicy stick thingys. This also had Chick Peas and they were AWESOME.
So, who to turn to but google. Sorry.
I quickly found about a gazillion recipes for roasting these little nubbly gems, both savoury and sweet. I feel like these could become the new Popcorn. For me at least. I'm not that big on popcorn.
Today I simply roasted them with salt and pepper and some chopped Rosemary (I love Rosemary!), but I'm having mad (bad?) ideas about the sweet and savoury ones. How about salt and vinegar?? The options could potentially be endless.

For now, here's the basic recipe. I dare you to just eat one.

Ingredients:
1 can Chickpeas, drained
1 tbsp Canola Oil
1 tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Chopped Rosemary

Method:
Preheat oven to 200c.
Tip the drained Chickpeas into a bowl of warm water. Gently rub together until the skins start to slough off.

This is the clever part: the skins will float to the top of the water so you can just fish them out!
Drain.
Tip onto a large baking sheet (I use one with sides, for obvious reasons) and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
Give the tray a little shake to make sure the Chickpeas are well coated and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
They will crisp crunch up as they cool. Try and wait that long.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a tasty snack--especially for hummus lovers;

    ReplyDelete

We love to get feedback! Thanks for your comments you guys!!